I can’t believe I haven’t told you guys about the “adventure” we had last Monday. While nursing MK, EK was being very quiet. Of course, those of you with children know this is usually not a good sign. I called for EK and slowly she came to me. As she approach my nursing station (a chair covered by a blanket in the living room) I noticed she was chewing on something. I asked her what she was eating. Her response was cereal. Well, there was no cereal she had access to so I immediately started to investigate. Turns out EK found a silica gel packet in the diaper bag, opened it and sampled the contents. I called the pediatricians office; they told me to call poison control. I called poison control and the nice lady on the other end of the line reassuredly told me that the beads are not toxic, but could be a potential choking hazard. Craziness! So if you don’t have the number to poison control, here it is: 1-800-222-1222. Hopefully, you won’t need it.